Certified Civil Trial Law Attorney Dedicated to Protecting Your Rights in Texas
A Southlake legal team handling all of your litigation needs
Civil Trial Law: A legal dispute can greatly affect both your business and personal life. Our civil litigation attorneys use litigation, arbitration and mediation to help businesses, families and individuals resolve their disputes.
Although some disputes may be settled out of court, others require litigation to resolve. When this is the case, you need the guidance of a skilled and experienced civil trial attorney to take into account all of your concerns and outline a strong legal strategy moving forward. Buddy Luce, being both Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal specialization and AV-rated have years of experience, specialized training and skills. The Luce team will deliver the personal attention and tailored legal strategies that are so important in these types of cases.
Resolving Civil Trial Law disputes
A legal dispute can cause a lot of headaches for a person or business owner, as it takes away time and resources from the more important aspects of living your life or running your company. In some situations, you may need to engage in litigation to make sure you and your lawyer protect your best interests. The following are some of the most common torts and issues with which our team assists:
- Breach of contract: When one party fails to meet the requirements of a legally binding contract, the other may seek to enforce the contract terms through legal action. The court may enforce the agreement if it finds that one party violated the contract, unless too much time has passed or failed to mitigate damages. A variety of remedies are possible.
- Business torts: These types of disputes fall outside the duties of a written or verbal contract, and include claims related to negligence, fraud, slander and unfair competition.
- Personal Injury: When one party is negligent or intentionally cause another actual and special damages, including punitive damages
- Construction litigation: Construction projects are often associated with disputes related to a wide range of issues, including design defects, safety violations, delays, structural failures, environmental hazards and many others.
- Warranties: The violation of either written and express promises or representations or those implied under the law resulting in damages such as loss of bargain or cost of repair.
- Deceptive Trade Practices: Statutory cause of action based on fraud, misrepresentation, breach of warranty, bait and switch or other laundry listed claims authorizing recovery of actual damages, special damages, attorney fess and additonal multiplied damages including punitive and exemplary damages.
- Insurance Bad Faith: When an insurance company or broker fails to make payment within time limits and conditions of the policy or fails to follow state or federal statue rules and regulations for evaluating, adjusting or paying a claim in accordance with the policy.
- Extraordinary Remedies or Claims for Relief: When a true emergency arises and you are forced to seek a Temporary Restraining Order to enjoin or stop a specific behavior, action or event from happening or continuing. This usually involves putting a halt on some type of irreparable harm or injury as soon as you can make it to a Judge.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Remedies to avoid regular contested litigation and trials before a Judge or a Jury Trial. Examples are Mediation, Arbitration, Mini-Trials, Presentation on Stipulated Facts.
When you need to turn to the courts to resolve a legal matter which you must initiate or are required to provide a defense, it’s imperative to utilize the best possible advice each step of the way. Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Buddy Luce has the ability to evaluate key issues early on. The team can help our clients make fully informed decisions regarding strategies to achieve the best results and outcomes due to his special expertise and competence.
Speak with a Board Certified Civil Trial Law expert
For dependable legal guidance related to Civil Trial Law issues consult Buddy luce with Luce Law Firm. From our office in Southlake, we serve individuals, businesses and organizations throughout north Texas. Call us today at 682.593.2640 or contact us online to get started.